The following questions are based on the case study of Home Depot and its financia information can be obtained from this link below
The following assignment is on stock and bond evaluation and i have attached the spreadsheet on which calculations are supposed to be done in.
II. Stock Valuation
A. Based on the figures provided, calculate each of the following:
1. The new dividend yield if the company increased its dividend per share by 1.75
2. The dividend yield if the firm doubled its outstanding shares
3. The rate of return on equity (i.e., the cost of stock) based on the new dividend yield you calculated above
B. What effect would you expect each of the calculations you performed to have in terms of shareholder value? In other words, suppose the company?s goal is to maximize shareholder value. How will each of the situations support or inhibit that goal? Be sure to justify your reasoning.
C. To what extent do you feel the company?s dividend policies support or hinder their strategies? For example, if the company is attempting to grow, are they retaining and reinvesting their earnings rather than distributing them to investors through dividends? Be sure to substantiate your claims.
III. Bond Issuance
A. Assuming this company already has bonds outstanding, calculate the following:
1. The new value of the bond if overall rates in the market increased by 5%
2. The new value of the bond if overall rates in the market decreased by 5%
3. The value of the bond if overall rates in the market stayed exactly the same
B. What effect would you expect each of the calculations you performed to have in terms of the company?s decision to raise capital in this manner?In other words, for each situation, would you consider bond valuation to be a viable option for increasing capital? Be sure to justify your reasoning.
C. To what extent do you feel the company?s bond issuance policies support or hinder their strategies? For example, if the company is attempting to fund operating expenses, refinance old debt, or change its capital structure, are they issuing sufficient bonds to achieve these goals? Be sure to?substantiate your claims.
Milestone Two: Stock Valuation and Bond Issuance
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.