Please I need help to work on this attach homework.
HIST 116 US2 - World History II
Spring 2016 Final Exam
Due as a Word attachment in LEO by 11:59 pm EDT, Saturday, May 7, 2016
[PUT YOUR NAME HERE]
Please circle, highlight or darken your answers within the area of the uppercase letter
in front of it.
1. Between 1750 and 1900, which of the following industrializing states created an
2. The North and South American independence movements of the late eighteenth and
early nineteenth centuries shared which of the following?
(A) Revolutionary demands based on Enlightenment political ideas
(B) Reliance on Christian teachings to define revolutionary demands
(C) Industrial economies that permitted both areas to break free of European control
(D) Political instability caused by constant warfare among the new states
3. Inca and Aztec societies were similar in that both
(A) developed from Mayan civilization
(B) acquired empires by means of military conquest
(C) independently developed iron technology
(D) depended entirely on oral record keeping
4. In the late nineteenth century, European involvement in both Africa and China was
characterized primarily by
(A) the encouragement of slavery
(B) extensive intermarriage with local peoples
(C) small military enclaves along coastlines
(D) competition among imperialist powers
5. What was the leading cause of the unprecedented increase in global population in the
(A) The end of international epidemics
(B) Global warming and other types of climate change
(C) The impact of medical innovations and public health measures
(D) The reduction of world hunger
6. Which of the following factors best explains why the English and French did not
engage in direct imperialism in West and Central African states until the nineteenth
(A) Lack of the necessary navigational and maritime technology
(B) Lack of European interest in African goods
(C) Ideas from the Enlightenment to limit their imperialist urges toward Africa
(D) Fear of death from tropical diseases like malaria
7. ?We shall not repeat the past. We shall eradicate it by restoring our rights in the Suez
Canal. This money is ours. The canal is the property of Egypt.? This quotation by
Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser (in power 1952?1970) best expresses support for
8. Which of the following describes a major change in international relations in the 1980s
(A) The rapid establishment of large overseas colonial empires by European powers
(B) The disbanding of most regional political organizations
(C) The decline in power of multinational corporations
(D) The reduction of confrontations between communist and noncommunist countries
9. In recent decades, many world historians have challenged the commonly held view
that Europeans controlled the largest share of world trade in the seventeenth through
the eighteenth centuries. Which of the following evidence from the period would best
support this historical reinterpretation?
(A) Prices for Chinese goods were much higher in Europe than in China.
(B) European trading companies backed their long-distance ventures with the use of
(C) Asian trading companies dominated trade in the Indian Ocean region.
(D) European merchants transported only a fraction of the goods shipped globally.
10. Which of the following is an accurate comparison of the political systems in Western
Europe and the Americas between 1750 and 1900?
(A) Western Europe developed multiple monarchies, while the Americas remained
(B) Developments in the legal systems of the Americas emphasized individual political
rights, while Western Europe concentrated on maritime law.
(C) In both regions, nations engaged in an aggressive policy of imperialism and territorial
(D) In both regions, most countries gradually adopted a representative democratic
11. Which of the following was a major reason for the rapid expansion of European
dominance in the Americas during the sixteenth and the seventeenth centuries?
(A) The susceptibility of indigenous peoples to European diseases, wiping out millions.
(B) The advanced military technology of the European forces and conquistadors.
(C) The political divisions within the Aztec and Inca empires.
(D) The economic growth of the Western Europe.
12. A South American contribution to the Columbian Exchange included
(A) slave girls
13. A significant example of the interaction among Indian and European societies by
1860 was the transfer of knowledge of
(A) iron and copper mining techniques
(B) the flying shuttle and spinning jenny
(C) the science of optics and lens design
(D) the mass production of cotton cloth and steel
Questions 14-16 refer to the recipe below:
14. Which of the following best explains the motivation behind the Empire Marketing
Board?s publication of the Empire Christmas Pudding recipe?
(A) To promote innovations of the Green Revolution
(B) To promote imperial unity in response to rising nationalism
(C) To promote free market economic plans
(D) To promote Christian values in the context of Soviet expansion
15. The inclusion of rum from Jamaica in the recipe is a consequence of which of the
(A) The development of a plantation economy based on coerced and semi-coerced labor
(B) The transfer of American crops to Europe as a result of the Columbian Exchange
(C) The migration of Caribbean peoples to England
(D) The intensification of free peasant agriculture in the Caribbean
16. Demand for Asian spices drove which of the following in the sixteenth and
(A) The widespread use of convict labor in agriculture
(B) The development of industrial manufacturing processes
(C) The expansion of the Manchu Empire in East Asia
(D) The establishment of European trading-post empires
Questions 17-19 refer to the map below:
17. Which of the following was a direct result of the trade pattern shown on the map?
(A) English colonies in North America developed methods of industrial production.
(B) The production of cash crops in North America and the Caribbean increased.
(C) Trade between states in sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East decreased.
(D) Territories in sub-Saharan Africa were colonized by European nations.
18. Which of the following led directly to the structure of the trade system shown on the
(A) Laissez-faire capitalism
(B) Mercantilist economic practices
(C) The encomienda labor system
(D) Development of trading alliances among Maya city-states
19. Which of the following contributed most to the disruption of the trade network shown
on the map during the nineteenth century?
(A) The increase in European immigrants to the Americas
(B) The spread of Enlightenment ideals in the Americas
(C) The increasing demand for American silver in China
(D) The development of maritime transportation technology
20. Which of the following statements does NOT describe Christianity, Islam and
(A) All are monotheistic religions.
(B) All revere Jesus as prophet.
(C) All emphasize prayer, fasting and charity towards others of the community.
(D) All forbid the making of idolatrous images.
Short Answer Question (please provide a five-to-eight sentence answer for the
following [worth ten (10) points]).
1. How did industrialization play a crucial role in the scale of death involved in the First
and Second World Wars?
Fill-in-the-Blank Statements (please fill in the blank or highlight answer for the
following [worth five (5) points each])
2. ___________________ was the new economic structure that came along in Europe and
expanded throughout the world between 1750 and 1900 CE.
3. Germany, Austro-Hungary, Russia and _______________ lost most of or all of their
imperialism possession after the end of the First World War.
The United States
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.