Hypothesis and Operational Definition
Provide the same information for each hypothesis (answer the following five questions for each hypothesis).
1. What type of relationship would you predict (positive linear, negative linear, and so on)?
2. Graph and label the relationship you predict. State a prediction based on the relationship shown by your
3. Which method (experimental or nonexperimental) would you use to test this hypothesis? Why?
4. Which is the independent or "cause" variable and which is the dependent or "effect" variable?
5. State an operational definition for each variable. If experimental, describe how the independent variable
might be manipulated and the dependent variable measured. If nonexperimental, describe how both
variables might be measured.
Hypothesis 1: Job stress is associated with absenteeism rates at work.
Hypothesis 2: A pregnant woman's diet affects the birth weight of her baby.
Hypothesis 3: The size of a meeting is related to the length of the meeting.
Hypothesis 4: Frequency of child abuse is related to the parents' ages when they married.
Hypothesis 5: Political orientation is related to attitude toward gun control.
Hypothesis 6: Visual imagery improves memory.
Hypothesis 7: Jury decisions are influenced by the attractiveness of the defendant.
Hypothesis 8: Exercise is related to levels of stress.
Hypothesis 9: Age of instructor is related to students' evaluation of the instructor.
Hypothesis 10: Number of hours worked is related to the number of hours spent studying.
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.