4. Use the social security model developed in this chapter to answer this question. Suppose that the government establishes a social security program in period T which provides a social security benefit of b (in terms of consumption goods) for each old person forever. In period T the government finances the benefits to the current old by issuing debt. This debt is then paid off in period T + 1 through lump-sum taxes on the young. In periods T + 1 and later, lump-sum taxes on the young finance social security payments to the old.
a. Show using diagrams that the young and old alive at time T all benefit from the social security program under any circumstances.
b. What is the effect of the social security program on consumers born in periods T + 1 and later? How does this depend on the real interest rate and the population growth rate?
5. Suppose a pay-as-you-go social security system where social security is funded by a propor- tional tax on the consumption of the young. That is, the tax collected by the government is sc, where s is the tax rate and c is consumption of the young. Retirement benefits are given out as a fixed amount b to each old consumer. Can social security work to improve welfare for everyone under these conditions? Use diagrams to answer this question.
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.