- What are the characteristics of?grand opera??
- Meyerbeer quoted the Lutheran chorale?Ein feste Burg?(NAWM 46c) many times in?Les Huguenots?prior to its statement in the conclusion of act 2 (NAWM 147), although you do not have excerpts from all its statements. Why is the use of this particular hymn appropriate dramatically for the entire opera? Why is it appropriate for this scene in particular??
- What is?op?ra bouffe, when did it come into existence, and what social roles did it serve??
- What makes?Carmen?an example of realism and exoticism? Refer to the scene in?NAWM 152?specifically to illustrate your points.?
- Diagram the form of the scene from?Il barbiere di Siviglia?in?NAWM 145, including indications of instrumental and vocal sections, melodic and thematic repetitions, and changes in tempo, style, and figuration. How do the changes of style, tempo, and figuration help to convey what Rosina is saying and feeling? What did audiences value in Rossini?s operatic style? Refer to specific aspects of this scene from?Il barbiere di Siviglia?to illustrate your general points.?
- Sketch the form of the scena and duet from act 3 of Verdi?s?La traviata?(NAWM 150), providing terms for each section. Describe the melodic styles of the Andante section, ?Parigi, o cara,? and the Allegro section, ?Ah! Gran Dio!? Why do you think Verdi used the melodic styles that he did? Do you think his choices were effective? Explain your answer.?
- What distinguishing characteristics of German Romantic opera plots in the early nineteenth century are exemplified in Weber?s?Der Freisch?tz?as a whole and in the Wolf?s Glen scene (NAWM 148) in particular??
- What is melodrama? Where and how is it used in the Wolf?s Glen scene of?Der Freisch?tz? Why do you think its use in this scene might be more effective than using recitative??
- Look at the form diagram of the conclusion to act 1 of?Tristan und Isolde?(NAWM, p. 787). How does Wagner use leitmotives to develop the plot in the conclusion of act 1 (NAWM 149b)? How does the harmonic language used for the sailors (e.g., at mm. 196?203), ?Heil! K?nig Marke Heil!?) differ from that used for Tristan and Isolde after they have drunk the love potion? Why is this contrast appropriate, and how does it heighten the drama?
1. What are the characteristics of grand opera?
Characteristics of grand opera were large-scale casts and orchestras being in their original
productions, spectacular and lavish design and stage...
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.