Please kindly assist me on question 2. Also can you explain why question one i1/i2 corresponds a factor of 100? Thanks
PHY215 Sec 123 Extra Credit (Spring 2016)
Science Department, Professor Chiaki Yanagisawa
Solve up to 5 problems. Submit your answers and solutions on Tuesday, May 3 in the class. No
delayed submission will be accepted.
1. Sound waves are produced by a point source. Smart students from BMCC decide to measure the
intensity of the sound waves at a distance 200 m from the sound source. They measure that the
intensity is 100 dB. Now they want to find a location where a person can tolerate the sound intensity
of 80 dB. Find the distance to that point from the sound source in m. (1 point)
2. While standing at a point on the roadside shoulder, a police car chasing a speeder was approaching
you. At that moment you hear the siren of the police car at a frequency of 560 Hz. When the police
car passes, the frequency of the siren changes to 480 Hz. What was the speed of the police car in m/s
if you assume that the speed of sound is 360 m/s? (1 point)
3. You approach with a vibrating tuning fork above a resonating tube (one end closed) that is filled with
water at a certain level. The tuning fork resonates when a height of air column is 0.150 m and again
0.450 m. What is the frequency in Hz of the fork when the speed of sound is taken to be 340 m/s? (1
4. You are performing an experiment on waves on a copper wire that is taut with fixed ends under
appropriate tension of 1,260 N. If the diameter of the wire is 1.50 mm and its density is 8.93 g/cm3,
what is the speed of the waves traveling on the wire in m/s? (1 point)
5. A string of length L = 2.0 m is held with both ends fixed. Now it is vibrating with a frequency 120 Hz
by an external source, and the vibration creates a standing wave with three nodes including the both
ends. What is the natural fundamental frequency of the string in Hz? (1 point)
This question was answered on: Oct 07, 2020Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 07, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.